1 Cakes & Louie: Non-stop

Monday, April 9, 2012

Non-stop

As with most holiday weekends, this one was extra full. I kicked if off bright and early Saturday morning with a 7am trip to Chick-fil-a with Bridget for breakfast. By 7:30 we were at church decorating over 100 lamb cakes with the teens - it's one of our many fundraisers and despite being way too early in the morning, it's a good time.


Post-decorating, Bridget, Manda and I hit up our 3rd Target of the weekend (we went to 2 Friday night) to celebrate Bridget's return to our holy grail after a long 40 days of Lent. I did a decent job of not buying everything I saw, although I did treat myself to an AMAZING coral diecut metal tray that was on clearance for $12 and came down to $8 thanks to a coupon I had for a Target Home item. Following Target, Rachel, Manda and I indulged in some serious girl time with manis, pedis, and eyebrow waxing at our favorite local spot. Manda and I decided to get the same bright color on our nails - Essie's "coral reef".


The hubs and I got bold and made our return to yoga with a free community class. I felt gross and out of shape watching the cute pregnant girl in front of me do better at every chaturanga than I could. Thankfully, things like that also motivate me, and I'm anxious to continue exercising in the months of beautiful weather ahead. 

We threw together some shrimp, pasta, fresh basil and tomatoes for dinner and it was DELICIOUS, and finished off the evening with a couple hours of Easter egg dyeing. Manda's bird egg wins my vote for most creative.


What's Easter without an egg totally covered in glitter?


Dan almost literally dragged me out of bed for church yesterday morning, and I'm glad he did because it's always such a beautiful service. We ran into one of his favorite teens who I've known since she was a toddler, so the 3 of us sat together for church, sold some lamb cakes, and then grabbed brunch at a favorite diner.

Our Easter time with my family later in the afternoon was frustrating thanks to my younger cousins, a slingshot, and a bunch of water balloons, but I got to see my gramma that I haven't seen in way too long, and the water balloons were the perfect excuse to leave for our dinner with some of my favorite in-laws. Playing with our nieces and listening to my brother-in-law's stories from his recent service trip reminded me of how blessed I am to have this amazing second family, and before long I was back to relaxed and enjoying the holiday.

How was everyone else's weekend? Anyone try any creative egg dyeing techniques? This is a short week for me (details to come later), and I couldn't be more excited about it. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment