1 Cakes & Louie: Holi-daze

Friday, December 27, 2013

Holi-daze

Hello friends! I have officially been sick for my entire week off, so that was kind of a bummer, but I did my best to not let it hold me down. How was your Christmas? Ours was honestly mediocre, but there were plenty of great moments to make up for the not so great. The best part? The hubs and I decided to have Christmas morning at home, just the 2 of us, for the first time in our entire relationship, and it was FANTASTIC. We slept late (well, I did), opened presents in our Christmas pajamas while we drank tea out of reindeer mugs, ate breakfast together and relished what was potentially our last Christmas in this little first house of ours.

In other fantastic news, my brother and sister-in-law made it to town with my adorable baby nephew in tow, and I hogged him as much as possible and was totally in heaven when he took a nap laying on my chest. Babies are SO WARM - I loved it. The quote of the week would have to be from my mom, who said at one point when I was changing Jax' diaper, "He's been wearing that outfit for a couple hours now right? We should go ahead and put a new one on him!" The poor kid probably cycled through a solid dozen Christmas outfits in a matter of 2 days, but he looked insanely cute in each and every one of them so it worked out.

We have lots of cleaning to do around the house today to prep for the painting crew that will be here bright and early tomorrow morning to make this place look all spiffy for upcoming showings, so I'll leave you with my very own bit of holiday cheer - this year's Christmas card! I thought for sure this year I would do something a little more serious (considering we had professional photos taken in November!), but then I remembered that this picture from Bridget and Aris' wedding got more love on facebook than pretty much anything else I've ever posted, and I figured I just had to use it. Dan wasn't the biggest fan, but he earned major hubby points when he said "you can do whatever you want for Christmas cards as long as you promise you won't stress out about it"... and that was that. We mailed out nearly 75 of these bad boys with time to spare, and I hope we were able to give a few people a good laugh in the midst of holiday madness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment