1 Cakes & Louie: Light it up

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Light it up

Does anyone else love the mason jar "chandelier" trend as much as I do?


via, although it looks like it's originally Pottery Barn



Pretty, huh? But, generally pricey. The Pottery Barn option in the first image above retails for $149!! These are MASON JARS attached to CORDS. No reason in my mind that should cost so much. And while I love me some Etsy, even those options are really getting up there in price given what they are.

So, I've always wanted to make my own little mason jar light, but wasn't exactly sure how. Enter Ikea, my second heaven on earth (next to Target, of course). Bridget and I headed out there last night for a quick trip to grab a couch cover, and while perusing the "as-is" section I was giddy with excitement when I found a bin full of individual bulb cords for $1 each. That's right - a dollar!! I grabbed 5 and immediately started gathering the images above for inspiration on how to make my own. Seeing as I have kind of a busy week and weekend, this will not be an immediate project, but I'm looking forward to tackling it sometime soon. We've been kicking around the idea of having some work done in our kitchen, which would then require new lighting... so that's one thought for placement, but we'll see.

Has anyone else been randomly inspired to create something this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment