1 Cakes & Louie: Hello, Beautiful

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hello, Beautiful

Four gorgeous sets of these babies showed up at work for me yesterday.


Be still my heart. Honestly. They're more amazing in person than I thought they would be, and I may or may not have squealed and toted a fork and a spoon around the office to show all my girlfriends.

When I saw these sets show up on One Kings Lane a couple weeks ago, I immediately checked my bank account, shot an email over to my work pal that understands things like why I would HAVE to have gold flatware, and IM'd the hubs to tell him I may or may not be buying myself a birthday present. I'm nothing if I'm not thorough. Knowing that there's a similar product available at West Elm that I've been oogling for months, I figured that if I didn't get in on on the One Kings Lane sale I would always have a backup. But then I went back online to stare at them again, saw that the available quantity had dwindled to a measly four sets, panicked, and within minutes I was on the checkout page furiously typing in my credit card number. For $15 a set it was a little more than typically-frugal me would usually spend on something so unnecessary, but I am so so glad I decided to splurge a little. They're the perfect matte finish and are bound to look absolutely perfect set on the table with our white dishes, navy placemats and brand spanking new candlesticks that I finally grabbed the last time I was at Ikea. I'm feeling fancy, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment