1 Cakes & Louie: The Big 3-0

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Big 3-0

Well, I can no longer say I am in my 20's. And I'm officially at the age where everyone I've ever known swears I'll start to appreciate the fact that I look a solid 6-8 years younger than I am on any given day. We'll see!

I spent my birthday weekend camping with my best friends in Dixon, Illinois for a day-long music fest put together by one of my favorites - Mumford & Sons. With a new album coming out in September we were treated to several new songs, and lots of old favorites that we sang along to with 15,000 other fans. We spent the mornings hanging out by our tent with drinks and snacks making friends and spent the evenings strolling around downtown Dixon. All in all, it was a great weekend, and given that I am still exhausted, I would say that's a sign of a good time.


Top: Downtown Dixon; Personalized mustache flasks from Bridget and Aris
Middle: The coolest t-shirts on the face of the planet that broadcasted my birthday (on the back) to the world and made for lots of fun conversations throughout the day with total strangers; More flask fun
Bottom: Signage at the concert site (I loved the graphics for the entire weekend); Late night encore from "The Very Best", who really were the very best, along with members of several of the other bands

No comments:

Post a Comment