1 Cakes & Louie: My one in six billion

Monday, December 17, 2012

My one in six billion

It's been kind of a rough couple of weeks for me. One of my oldest friends passed away from breast cancer (that had spread to her brain) and I road-tripped down to southern Illinois with my mom and Manda for the services. We stayed in a super charming hotel in her tiny little town, and I soaked in the 2 days of girl time with them and my friends Maria and Leslie who were also there for the services. The few days leading up to Eva's passing were tough knowing that she was suffering, but seeing this incredible outpouring of love and support from THOUSANDS of people, many of whom had never even met her was something I can't even explain. I can only hope that I am able to make even a fraction of the impact that Eva made on people.

Back at work last week I watched more than 20 people get laid off thanks to a huge account loss in recent months. There's really no way to describe the feeling of sitting at your desk for 2 hours watching people lose their jobs just a few feet from you (I sit right by several VP offices). Of course, there's also the fear the entire time it's happening that you'll be next, so needless to say my anxiety got the best of me for a couple days there. One of my very best friends was let go, and I'm already bummed being at my desk without her a few cubes away. We worked together at my last job as well, and I followed her here almost 5 years ago now!

So, I'm kind of ready for 2012 to end. I'm hoping 2013 will bring a fresh start for myself and many of my friends who are aching for the same thing. I'm not looking to leave my job or make drastic changes or anything, but I am ready for some major positivity and less stressing out.

Thankfully, I have Dan, who has been absolutely incredible through everything. I could ramble on about how amazing he is, but instead I'll let Pinterest do the talking for me, in the form of this adorable little print I found recently -


Happy Monday friends. Hang in there - one week til Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment