1 Cakes & Louie: Ch-ch-ch-changes

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Ch-ch-ch-changes


Well friends, I've been pretty quiet around here, and now that word is starting to spread I can finally explain why. You see, I have had a LOT on my mind for the last week or so, which resulted in this - I've accepted a new job in the suburbs and my last day at my current job is next Friday. 

Aaaaaand, that's the first time I've "talked" about it without thinking I was going to burst into tears. 

Here's the thing. I pretty much have the coolest job ever. It's super flexible, I could come to work in pajamas if I wanted to and nobody would bat an eye, there's beer in the fridge on a regular basis, there's 150 people here and I genuinely like every single one of them, my boss is awesome and likes shopping and talking as much as I do, the CEO is literally brilliant and I tend to learn more from him in one conversation than I ever did in years of school, we work on world-class brands, we get a mental health day once a month... you get the point. I've got it made.

So why the move? Well, for one, the new gig is out in the suburb that the hubs just so happens to already work in, and it's also where we've talked pretty seriously about moving and raising kids someday. I won't have to commute to the big bad city anymore, which will be SUCH a blessing for my anxiety. It's an incredible opportunity and I have no doubts that I am going to be blown away by how much I learn. It's also a massive raise, which is nice of course. In general though, it's a big GIANT change - the kind of thing which I tend to have panic attacks about - but I'm just as pumped up about it as I am nervous.

It's been a weird feeling around my current office for the last couple of days, knowing that while I'm still here I don't really work here anymore. I have no doubts that I will be a ridiculous blubbering mess next week when I'm leaving at the end of the day for the last time. 

The good news is that the timing worked out perfectly for me to have the entire week leading up to Bridget's wedding off, and I cannot wait to help her crank out last minute projects and get everything ready for the big day. I start my new position on July 1 and am so excited to see what's ahead!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new position!! Changes are hard, but rewarding at the end of the day :)

    ReplyDelete