1 Cakes & Louie: Little Things: Front Porch Storage

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Little Things: Front Porch Storage

When I posted our front porch makeover reveal, it drove me crazy when I realized how see-through the frosted panels were on our storage cabinet where we keep all of our board games and a bin full of shoes.


While everything is nice and contained, it still looked messy to me because of those panels. So, I found a fun roll of wrapping paper at my mecca (Target) and sweet talked the hubs into helping me measure it all out using the largest straight-edge we could find (I really need to buy a yardstick). After cutting 2 even pieces we just used little squares of double-sided tape to secure the paper to the insides of the doors. I've already had to add a couple new pieces after a humid day, but I'm hoping overall this holds up. I of course did this little project well past my bedtime a few nights ago, so I wasn't about to get out the good camera for a new picture. Instagram to the rescue!


For $4 and less than 20 minutes, I'd say this is one of the simplest projects we've ever done with so much impact. High fives for easy upgrades!

1 comment:

  1. This looks lovely! And yes, a yardstick is a great cheap tool to have on hand. I think you can get them at the hardware store for about $2. Once you have one, you'll wonder what you did without it before.

    ReplyDelete