1 Cakes & Louie: Thanks to Pinterest: House Dreams

Friday, August 22, 2014

Thanks to Pinterest: House Dreams

What a week. I turned the big 3-2 on Tuesday and have pretty much been willing myself not to succumb to the summer cold I think I'm getting ever since. Work is crazy busy, we're having people over tomorrow for my birthday and Tuesday for a work thing, and we leave for vacation shortly after. Thankfully, Pinterest helped me pull together a quick little board today of recent inspiration shots for the house. Behold -


Clockwise from top left:
Our front door badly needs a paint job. It's an awful beige/yellow color and just gross in general. Since the outside of the house is dark brick, off white and brown I think blue is going to be the way to go on the door. Navy is another option!

We whitewashed the brick wall in the family room but never got around to doing the same with the brick post on the other side of the room. This image has me rethinking painting! There's a giant wood beam that goes across the ceiling, similar to this picture, and I think framing the brick out in matching wood and adding some cool chunky crown molding at the top could be incredible, and shouldn't be too pricey!

I'm recently obsessed with the idea of wallpapering accent walls around the house. The floor plan is open enough that some rooms aren't completely split off from one another, so I'm thinking accent walls with bold wallpaper could help break it up some.

And finally, I'm dreaming of the perfect little reading nook in our bedroom. A tufted chair actually wouldn't work here since the new bed is tufted, but I love how cozy this looks and the lamp is great.

Happy Friday friends! Hope your weekend is full of much less rain than it looks like ours will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment