1 Cakes & Louie: Thanks to Pinterest - Warming Up

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thanks to Pinterest - Warming Up

I'm ready for Spring, and I imagine most of Chicago agrees. I've realized before that my Pinterest seems to shift inevitably with the changing seasons - I pin lots of lighter recipes and brighter colors and outfits involving sunglasses and casual dresses as the weather gets nicer (or, as the weather is supposed to be getting nicer, as in Chicago). This week, I'm drawn to exactly those things, and I'm looking forward to trying out a few things starting this weekend.



Clockwise from top left:
- It's no secret I'm head over heels in love with our recent kitchen makeover. We still have to tackle the backsplash, but thankfully that isn't something that has to be done at a specific time. Other than that, the room is complete with the exception of a few decorative touches - like cabinet hardware! I've wanted to use brass hardware somewhere in the house for awhile now, but wasn't sure if it would work next to stainless steel appliances. This image totally solidified that for me, and I'm officially on the hunt for affordable pieces similar to those in the photo.
- I've never made a recipe from Annie's Eats that wasn't absolutely fantastic, so I'm sure her "Ungreen Green Smoothie" will be equally as awesome. I had leftover blueberries from our St. Patrick's Day breakfast party that I froze for smoothies, so this is definitely a must-try for this weekend.
- I'm officially hooked on quinoa. The last time I made it, I made WAY too much and couldn't get through it before it went bad. These patties are the perfect way to use up leftovers, and I'm sure the flavors added are easily tweaked for more variety.
- I have the farthest thing possible from a green thumb, which really bums me out. Thankfully, composting should require little to no skill in the gardening department, and this tutorial is super simple and should take no time at all to get going as soon as the weather breaks a little.
- Umm. This shirt is amazing. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment