1 Cakes & Louie: Thanks to Pinterest

Monday, March 11, 2013

Thanks to Pinterest

Last week was bananas. And that's putting it nicely. I am so looking forward to this week being much more low key and have no real plans outside of going to the gym and spending lots of time at home cooking, cleaning and crafting.

I've decided to start trying to use my Pinterest a little more intentionally, and figured an easy way to do that is to grab a few pins each week that I actually plan to try out. Of course, there's also a couple on there that are just inspiration and dreaming, but that's what makes Pinterest so much fun, right?

So behold, my newest little blog "series" - Thanks to Pinterest. I'll be back at the end of the week or early next week with an update on what I actually tried, and how everything worked out!


Clockwise from top left:
- Our "grownup bedroom" makeover is reeeeeeally close to being complete, and I am thrilled with how it's all looking. I have a few finishing touches to tackle before I post the whole room, but it's getting there. One thing I want to try is making some snazzy gold antlers for above our bed, as seen in Cait Weingartner's recent studio tour on The Everygirl. Granted, by DIY'ing this I'm not sure it really screams "grownup bedroom", but I still want the room to feel like us, so a little quirky will go a long way in there. 

- I've kind of gotten the whole curling my hair with a flatiron thing down, and I'm embarrassingly proud of myself for finally learning how (I'm 30, so it's a little pitiful that I didn't master this decades ago). Now, I'd love to figure out the trick to looser, more casual waves like this photo. And then I would like to dye my hair darker like hers, but I'll try to talk myself out of that one.

- The hubs works late on Monday nights, so I generally try to make it a healthy dinner night for myself since he won't usually go for those kinds of meals. Last week I threw together a shrimp and polenta dish for Bridget and myself and I loved the results. It was literally on the table in less than 15 minutes, so I'm sure it will become a new favorite for me. Tonight, I'm going to give The Lucky Penny's cauliflower pizza crust a try! 

- I have a couple of square canvases hanging around that never got used for wedding projects. I'm thinking about using a more sappy word like "love" and trying out something like I Spy DIY's Hi Painting for the bedroom.

- Finally, this is obviously not happening anytime soon, but I've decided that a weekend away to Issaquah, Washington's Treehouse Point is a MUST sometime in the future. Maybe when we decide to have kids I can talk Dan into this as a "babymoon", which is obviously totally necessary.

And speaking of babies... my sister-in-law is due with their THIRD boy any day now, and I cannot wait to see pictures of the little guy. AND, my brother and his wife are expecting later this year as well! Cousins are the best and I loved growing up with a ton of them. I'm excited that my kids are clearly going to be in the same boat someday!

Happy Monday! Here's to the migraine I woke up with going away. Like now.

No comments:

Post a Comment