1 Cakes & Louie: Sneak Peek

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sneak Peek

Well, we may be several months late on this, but we're finally smack in the middle of a little bedroom makeover! I originally put this on my Summer Projects List for 2012, but things got in the way and I couldn't decide on a new wall color for the life of me, so it's been on the back burner. Since I spent the better part of last week doing absolutely nothing I had a sudden major burst of energy when I was finally feeling better, and our annual St. Patrick's Day breakfast party is coming up in a just a few weeks... so it was high time we got going on the makeover. The hubs reluctantly agreed, I finally settled on a wall color, and we got to work!

We have a fun DIY project to finish up this weekend, and there's a couple accessories to purchase, but I am extremely excited to post final pictures of what I'm lovingly calling our "grown-up bedroom" soon! In the meantime, here's a little sneak peek of our (finally) finished DIY headboard. I have wanted to add nailhead trim since we originally made this bad boy, but I couldn't seem to find exactly what I was looking for without spending a fortune. On a whim, Manda and I checked out another fabric store a few weeks ago, and I squealed when I found a roll of 5 yards of brushed gold trim for less than $20! Thanks to help from Dan, adding the trim to the headboard took less than a half hour, and made a HUGE difference in making the whole piece look "finished" if you ask me.


All in, the headboard cost us about $60 and took about 2 hours to make. (Full disclosure - it also took just as long to get the damn thing lined up with the d-ring hooks to hang it on the wall, but thankfully we shouldn't ever have to move it). Similar styles from Crate & Barrel and Pottery Barn run between $700 and $900 so needless to say, I love that ours is a DIY and cost much, much less!

No comments:

Post a Comment